Saturday 12 May 2018

Easter cactus plant renamed



I don’t know if you remember my Doctor Sue posting in 2015 about a Christmas cactus which I bought cheap as a casualty. This is it today, flowering its heart out on my kitchen window cill. 

The fuchsias I bought at the same time also survive as cuttings taken every year and overwintered in the greenhouse. The original standards snapped off in some windy weather. Entirely my fault, I didn’t secure them properly but it’s great that from that original investment, I get plants for free which repays the cost of heating the greenhouse at night during the colder weather. 

I’ve renamed the cactus as it seems to prefer flowering at Easter, I haven’t told it that it’s late ... again! 

0   Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting, I love it when people leave me messages!