Monday 28 September 2015

Moon shadows and mushrooms



So, who else got up in the middle of the night to see the ... (take a deep breath) lunar eclipse blood red supermoon? Or perhaps you have more stamina than me and you just stayed up?

The above is a really brilliant photo taken by one of my Facebook friends, Tracy Green, in her garden, in the cold, using her I-phone and a pair of binoculars, dressed only in her PJs.


This one was taken by MTM at about the same time to show scale. When we walked Missy before bed, the moon was so full and round and bright, we were casting moon shadows. It's no wonder before we had astronomy predicting these events people got frightened by the moon slowly disappearing and turning red without any warning.

I like both photographs but I think Tracy's is really super. She also takes marvellous shots of various fungi she comes across on her dog walks, she often posts fabulous close ups of all kinds of mushrooms. Of course, it's an ideal time of year for that though I think (hope) she gets dressed for those expeditions ...!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, great photos. Luckily for us a trip to the loo in the middle of the night made sure we saw it, although no photos as being half asleep Bob hadn't set his camera correctly. But at least we saw it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting, I love it when people leave me messages!