Monday 3 August 2015

Steampunks and mushrooms in Cambridge


I've been meaning to get back to Cambridge for a day out for ages. Last time as we whizzed by in the car, I spotted these unusual mushrooms sprouting out of wrought iron railings outside a school on Trumpington Road. This time, I had to stop for some pics; aren't they just amazing?!



The perfect opportunity for this came last Saturday, my sister, Sharon and her partner, Martin were arranging one of their Steampunk events at the Cambridge Museum of Technology.


Steampunks are an eccentric bunch, they like dressing up, have tea duals, drink gin and eat cake ...


They're especially fond of their hats, mustn't forget the hats, they even motorise them and have races ... a strange lot! :-)



The museum is brilliant, great staff and most importantly is dog friendly and so Missy was able to come along with us and on the way back into town, we stumbled upon a pub with river views ...


It would be rude not to stop really! 


Have half of shandy and boat watch.

Must go back soon, Cambridge is lovely, sometimes I miss trading there on Saturdays!

0   Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting, I love it when people leave me messages!