Monday 1 April 2013

Raffle winner extraordinaire!

I'm doing really well on winning raffles lately. There was an on-line raffle in aid of Harvey last week and I won FIRST PRIZE! A brand new Toshiba Folio 100 tablet. I have trouble figuring out how my phone works let alone a completely new technological device  so I'm sticking to my old PC and have donated the prize to be auctioned on Ebay to raise even more money for Harvey. So, if you'd like a brand new tablet, please take a look at the item which has been listed by Olga Gee, her Ebay account is a charity one so we won't have to pay fees on the sale.

(Click on the photo to go to the listing).

Harvey is a stray dog that was never claimed after he'd had his 7 days at the pound. Instead of being put to sleep, he was rescued by the Doris Banham Rescue. After he'd been there a short time, it was realised he needed a life saving operation - any funds raised by selling this laptop will go towards the costs of his operation - so far we've raised half the amount - more is needed so please bid if you're in the market for a new tablet!

Then on Saturday on the Fete on the Strait I won a milk chocolate egg on the Tombola ... I'm keeping that prize by the way, in fact it's already gone! :-)

Saturday was a big success in terms of raising money for Harvey, DH and I managed to sell £146 worth of books and Harveys Bristol Cream sherry earrings and I've just transferred the money directly into the Doris Banham Sanctuary bank account.

If anyone else would like to donate money towards Harvey's operation, full details are on Doris Banham Dog Rescue's web page for Harvey.

If anyone reading this does Twitter in a big way, please could you share the Ebay listing so we get lots of bids on it. Many thanks!

0   Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting, I love it when people leave me messages!