Thursday 26 March 2009

Initials pendant

I've been kicking around the idea of making hammer finish (again!) pendants in the form of letters but I think sometimes having a letter around your neck looks a bit cheesy and so I want it to look like a funky piece of silver as well so the letters need to be stylised quite a bit.

A couple of weeks ago during a quiet spell on the stall one Saturday I was sketching my designs for the letters. They would be elongated quite a bit and every time there is an external curve/edge, I would turn it into a straight line, internal curves/edges would always be rounded. Holes (for example in the letter A) would be small and placed high or low.

I haven't finalised the designs for the whole alphabet but whilst I was doing that, one of my regular customers arrived and asked me what I was up to. So I did some market research on her and showed her my sketches. She immediately commissioned one of the letter Js without even seeing one!

I liked it so much I made myself one (an S for Sue oddly enough!) I put mine on a triple length of waxed cotton to look like a thong. They're a tad over 5cm long and a little under 1.5cm wide at the widest.

Pendant in shape of letter JThey aren't available to purchase on the website yet as I think I'm going to make a separate page and scan in all my designs properly drawn out as it would take me ages to make one of every letter so they'll be made to order. I'll be giving the choice of trace chain, snake chain or waxed cotton in a length of the customer's choosing.

If you'd like one in the meantime, don't hesitate to
contact me. They'll be £35 each.

0   Comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting, I love it when people leave me messages!